This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
First published 3/8/14. Recipe and pictures updated 11/3/15. I changed the name to “Strawberry Cheesecake Whiteout” on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as before.
This is a replica of one of my other favorite DQ Blizzards: the Strawberry Cheesequake. (Click here to see my healthy version of the Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard.)
This delightful concoction includes chunks of strawberries, cheesecake…and cheesecake crust. Short of making a cheesecake, I didn’t know how to replicate the cheesecake crust.
But then I had an idea.
How about toasted coconut?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. butter
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk for a nut free option)
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- Scant ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. butter flavoring
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ⅓ cup frozen strawberries
- 1-1½ oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- In a small frying pan, toast the unsweetened shredded coconut in ½ tsp. of butter. Set aside. You can also place the coconut flakes on a baking sheet, spray with a cooking spray, and broil until lightly toasted.
- In a blender, combine all other ingredients except for the strawberries and cream cheese.
- Add the strawberries but only pulse briefly so some chunks are left.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and swirl it and the toasted coconut into the shake by hand. Enjoy!
I changed the name to "Strawberry Cheesecake Whiteout" on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as before.