This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Many of you are well-acquainted with the full-size version of this recipe: the delectable
Butterfinger Brianafinger Bars with a crunchy crust and fudgy chocolate peanut butter topping. I thought it was about time for a single-serve version, especially since my little sister made some sugary Butterfinger cookie bars last week and I r-e-a-l-l-y wanted some. This single-serve Brianafinger Bar came together in a jiffy, only took a few ingredients, and completely satisfied my craving for the naughty version. Actually, I prefer this version to the original recipe because the flavors are stronger. There are bonuses to healthy food, for sure.
This Brianafinger bar is pretty rich and calorie-dense so it’s best to keep it for a once-in-awhile treat if you intend to eat the whole thing. It does make a rather large cookie bar, so cutting it in half is a good option, especially if you’re eating it with a full-on, fat-laden THM:S meal. This is the kind of thing I like to save for when I’m on my own for supper and don’t feel like cooking much. I might eat something light, like a salad with some chicken or salmon on top, then have this (the whole thing!!) for dessert to fill in the cracks.
If you’re feeling particularly indulgent, you could have this cookie bar for breakfast with a mug of collagen tea on the side for protein. That way you’re not getting a lot of extra fuel along with it, so the overload of fats isn’t really an overload. See – you can have plenty of fats, but it’s best to be smart with them! Don’t have them all at the same time and you’ll remain (or become) a trim, healthy mama.
Of course I recommend making a full batch of these bars to keep on hand for when a sweets craving strikes. The full batch version is cut into smaller pieces for better portion control. Here’s the link for the original Brianafinger Bars recipe.
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my peanut butter recipes
- Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
- Brianafinger Bars – the full-size version of this recipe
You can find more great single-serve desserts in my cookbook! Click the banner for details.
- 3 T. finely-shredded unsweetened coconut flakes*
- 1 T. Briana's Baking Mix**
- 2 tsp. salted butter (melted)
- ½ tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend
- 1 T. refined coconut oil
- 1 T. natural peanut butter
- 1-2 tsp. THM Gentle Sweet***
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- Combine the crust ingredients with a fork until evenly mixed and press into the bottom of a foil-lined mini loaf pan. Broil for a few minutes until the edges are toasty brown. Put the pan in the freezer to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the topping ingredients together (I use a microwave) and whisk until smooth. When the crust is completely chilled, pour the topping on top and return it to the freezer until firm. Enjoy!
- It's important to let the crust chill completely before pouring the topping mixture on top or else the topping will soak down into the crust.
**You can substitute THM Baking Blend for my baking mix if you prefer.
***I can personally use 1 doonk of THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder in place of the Gentle Sweet for a more economical option, but most people will prefer the taste of Gentle Sweet.
For a non-coconut option, you can replace the coconut flakes with almond flour and add 2 tsp. water. This makes a softer crust than the coconut does.
- Finely-Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (iHerb)
- THM Super Sweet Blend
- THM Gentle Sweet
- THM Baking Blend
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!