This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 3/12/14. I changed the name 12/6/16 to “Bri’s Mocha Shake” instead of “Mock Arby’s Jamocha Shake”, but the recipe is the same!
Can you tell that I visited a lot of fast food restaurants (and splurged) while I was at Bible school? I got home and started craving the treats I had been enjoying.
Thankfully, they’re adaptable. 🙂
This is a creamy combination of coffee, chocolate, and caramel.
It took me a little bit to figure out the secret to the right amount of each. The first try had *way* too much chocolate and coffee – and caramel extract totally did not bring the right flavor. So I had to adjust the amounts, balancing, and I found a great substitute for the caramel flavoring:
Get some if you don’t have it. It’s good stuff.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food!
- 1 heaping cup ice (I use crushed ice so I can measure better + it's easier on the blender)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup lowfat or 0% cottage cheese
- 2 T heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. maple flavoring
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. instant coffee grounds
- ½ tsp. glucomannan
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ scoop vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder
- 3-4 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (to taste)
- Dash salt
- Blend all ingredients well in the blender. Let set for 10 seconds and then blend again.
- I use the single-serve cup in this Ninja blender set all the time for my shakes. It works great!
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Imitation Maple Extract
- Whey Protein Powder
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!