This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 3/12/14. I changed the name 12/6/16 to “Bri’s Mocha Shake” instead of “Mock Arby’s Jamocha Shake”, but the recipe is the same!
Can you tell that I visited a lot of fast food restaurants (and splurged) while I was at Bible school? I got home and started craving the treats I had been enjoying.
Thankfully, they’re adaptable. 🙂
This is a creamy combination of coffee, chocolate, and caramel.
It took me a little bit to figure out the secret to the right amount of each. The first try had *way* too much chocolate and coffee – and caramel extract totally did not bring the right flavor. So I had to adjust the amounts, balancing, and I found a great substitute for the caramel flavoring:
Get some if you don’t have it. It’s good stuff.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food!
- 1 heaping cup ice (I use crushed ice so I can measure better + it's easier on the blender)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup lowfat or 0% cottage cheese
- 2 T heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. maple flavoring
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. instant coffee grounds
- ½ tsp. glucomannan
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ scoop vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder
- 3-4 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (to taste)
- Dash salt
- Blend all ingredients well in the blender. Let set for 10 seconds and then blend again.
- I use the single-serve cup in this Ninja blender set all the time for my shakes. It works great!
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Imitation Maple Extract
- Whey Protein Powder