This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 2/26/14; recipe updated 12/26/15
These, my friends, are oatmeal cookies. Very simple, cheap oatmeal cookies. And they’re the solution to the dessert craving you get after eating an E meal when you know you can’t have cheesecake or chocolate.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- ¼ cup oat fiber (use gluten free if necessary)
- 4-5 tsp. cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 3 T low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. Watkin's maple extract
- ½-3/4 cup fresh chopped cranberries or unsweetened dried cranberries
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and mix again. Add the cranberries and mix until they are well-distributed. Using a 2 T cookie scoop (or ⅛ cup measuring cup), scoop cookies out onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Store cookies in the fridge. Yields 20 cookies.
Products I Use:
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!