This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
First published 2/26/14; recipe updated 12/26/15
These, my friends, are oatmeal cookies. Very simple, cheap oatmeal cookies. And they’re the solution to the dessert craving you get after eating an E meal when you know you can’t have cheesecake or chocolate.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- ¼ cup oat fiber (use gluten free if necessary)
- 4-5 tsp. cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 3 T low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. Watkin's maple extract
- ½-3/4 cup fresh chopped cranberries or unsweetened dried cranberries
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and mix again. Add the cranberries and mix until they are well-distributed. Using a 2 T cookie scoop (or ⅛ cup measuring cup), scoop cookies out onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Store cookies in the fridge. Yields 20 cookies.
Products I Use:
Leave a Reply