This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Do you ever get the feeling that you’ve been eating the same thing for breakfast every morning for a very long time? That doesn’t usually happen to me, but I was recently at Bible school and ate chocolate overnight oatmeal for three weeks with only a few breaks in between. When I got back and made this for breakfast one morning, I discovered just how nice it was to have something besides oatmeal.
Sometimes I get cravings for cold cereal. You know, like Captain Crunch, or Cinnamon Life, or Grape Nuts…something cold with milk. I originally intended this breakfast crumble to be a muffin in a mug-style breakfast, but I used some of our new coconut flour that we found at Sam’s Club for a great price and my muffin turned out kind of crumbly. No problem – I eat all my flops. I plopped it in a bowl and poured unsweetened almond milk all over it, intending to go back and fix the muffin recipe later. Nevermind…as I ate my “cereal” I realized that it was great just like that – like cereal. It’s not crunchy like most cereals are, but it’s a very unique breakfast full of great flavor. If you need something out of the ordinary, it fits the bill. In case you haven’t noticed, I like unordinary things.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries (if using frozen strawberries, thaw them a little first)
- 1 egg
- 1 T natural peanut butter (the runnier the better)
- 1 T sour cream
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 T ground golden flax and 2 T coconut flour *or* 3 T Briana's Baking Mix (add an extra tablespoon of water if using this option)
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Stir all the ingredients together (except for the almond milk) in a mug until well-combined. Microwave for approximately 1½ minutes or until the top is dry. Dump out into a bowl and crumble. Pour unsweetened almond milk all over it and eat it. Enjoy!
Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
- Coconut flour
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased at the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!