This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Disclaimer: I know this stuff looks really gross. It did not photograph well, and I was too much in a hurry to eat it to take a lot of time with the pictures. Naughty, naughty, I know, but cut me some slack: I was probably rushing to get out the door to my other job.
This porridge has a lot of things going for it:
- it’s great for detoxing. As in, flushing your gut of everything trapped inside, should you be having problems in that area. Eat this and drink something hot like tea or coffee…magic. Coconut flour and flax and coconut oil are all great to get things moving. That might have been more than you wanted to know…
- it’s really simple.
- it’s budget-friendly.
- it’s allergy friendly (gluten/dairy/egg/nut free).
- it’s hot and comforting, but it’s not oatmeal (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on how much you like oatmeal…or how much oatmeal you’ve been eating recently).
- it’s customizable! You could make this many different flavors if you like.
I’ll be honest: this stuff looks like slime. The flax really gels it together. But it’s good, and it’s simple, and it’s hot. I like it, and I think you might, too.
I recommend adding some protein on the side…like BACON.
Question of the day: ever get tired of oatmeal?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- Stir all the ingredients together and microwave for one minute. Stir again and microwave for another minute. Enjoy! Feel free to top this with more sweetener (I use a packet of Truvia), cinnamon, cream (not dairy free), berries, and/or more unsweetened almond/coconut milk. Add a source of protein (bacon!) to complete your breakfast.
- Feel free to make this in different flavors as long as you don't add any carb sources.
- Coconut flour
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.