This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Check out this Lilla Rose Flexi Clip giveaway that’s going on right now! (Sept 29-Oct 6) These are excellent quality hair clips that come in many different sizes for different amounts of hair. They’re very easy to use, secure, and not painful. That’s helpful.
I consume a lot of eggs, and a lot of my recipes contain eggs, but I realize that some of you a) have egg allergies or b) hate anything with an even slightly eggy texture. Plus, eggs are expensive right now. My solution? An eggless muffin/cake in a mug. It reminds me of a coffee cake. Or French toast. Or a cream cheese Danish. Cream cheese Danishes are very good things to be reminded of.
This cake has a really unique texture because it has no structure from an egg. It’s really moist, and the flavor is great. I like to leave mine a little on the underdone side – and I can, because there’s no raw egg to worry about (not that raw egg has ever been an issue for me, but for some people…).
This can be used as breakfast, snack, dessert, you name it. If you’re eating it on its own as a meal, add some protein (Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, bacon, etc., etc.).
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 2 T golden flaxmeal
- 2 T coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.; you may wish to add more sweetener if you don't plan on eating this with sweetened syrup on top)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 T olive oil
- Rounded T sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 T water
- 1-2 T cream cheese
- Sugar free maple-flavored syrup (use an allergy-friendly version or make your own if necessary)
- Whisk the dry ingredients together with a fork in a mug or small ceramic dish. Add the olive oil, sour cream, and water and whisk again. Make a well in the middle for the cream cheese and add it. Microwave for 1:45 - 2 minutes or until the top is dry and the middle is done as much as you like (there's no raw egg to worry about). I like mine underdone. Top with sugar free syrup and feel free to smash it all together if you like. If eating this on its own for breakfast or a snack, add some protein. Yields one serving.
- Golden Flaxmeal
- Coconut flour
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.