This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Recipe and pictures updated 9/21/15.
Like, seriously guys…on a scale of 1-10, how cute would you rate this thing?
And it’s all for you!
(Click here for a larger-scale recipe that makes 4 servings.)
This single-serve, streusel-topped beauty makes a great breakfast, dessert, or snack. It’s very filling. This baby has a crunchy oat topping (don’t worry, Trim Healthy Mamas-it stays well within S carb boundaries) that I love.
I’ve tweaked the original recipe and now use my Baking Mix to make this cake. The Baking Mix makes it so nice and fluffy! You can click here for other recipes using my Baking Mix.
I like to eat this coffee cake as is, but you could always top it with some sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, douse it in unsweetened almond milk, or even pour coffee all over it! It is coffee cake after all. You should be seeing a larger version of this recipe in the next month or two, depending how distracted I get.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 egg
- 3 T water
- 2 T sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 T Briana's Baking Mix (4-5 T of THM Baking Blend would work as well, but is not nut free)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (to taste)
- Dash salt
- 2 T old-fashioned oats (use gluten free oats if necessary)
- 1 T butter, softened
- 1 packet (3/4 tsp.) Truvia or half that of THM Super Sweet Blend
- Cinnamon to taste
- Mix together the coffee cake ingredients and pour into a greased or foil-lined mini loaf pan. Combine the streusel ingredients and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Yields 1 serving.
Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, Super Sweet Blend, and Baking Blend can be purchased in the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Finely Shredded Coconut Flakes