This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Do you ever get the feeling that you’ve been eating the same thing for breakfast every morning for a very long time? That doesn’t usually happen to me, but I was recently at Bible school and ate chocolate overnight oatmeal for three weeks with only a few breaks in between. When I got back and made this for breakfast one morning, I discovered just how nice it was to have something besides oatmeal.
Sometimes I get cravings for cold cereal. You know, like Captain Crunch, or Cinnamon Life, or Grape Nuts…something cold with milk. I originally intended this breakfast crumble to be a muffin in a mug-style breakfast, but I used some of our new coconut flour that we found at Sam’s Club for a great price and my muffin turned out kind of crumbly. No problem – I eat all my flops. I plopped it in a bowl and poured unsweetened almond milk all over it, intending to go back and fix the muffin recipe later. Nevermind…as I ate my “cereal” I realized that it was great just like that – like cereal. It’s not crunchy like most cereals are, but it’s a very unique breakfast full of great flavor. If you need something out of the ordinary, it fits the bill. In case you haven’t noticed, I like unordinary things.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries (if using frozen strawberries, thaw them a little first)
- 1 egg
- 1 T natural peanut butter (the runnier the better)
- 1 T sour cream
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 T ground golden flax and 2 T coconut flour *or* 3 T Briana's Baking Mix (add an extra tablespoon of water if using this option)
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Stir all the ingredients together (except for the almond milk) in a mug until well-combined. Microwave for approximately 1½ minutes or until the top is dry. Dump out into a bowl and crumble. Pour unsweetened almond milk all over it and eat it. Enjoy!
Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
- Coconut flour
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased at the Trim Healthy Mama online store.