This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
I already have a THM:E granola recipe called “Easy Granola”, but I really wanted to be able to have a granola recipe that I could use in a THM:S setting (and…*ahem*…peanut butter). This recipe worked out perfectly – and don’t worry – it’s easy too!
Unsweetened coconut flakes (Walmart special!) make up the majority of the volume in this recipe, but I added some flaxmeal as well for cheap filler. We make our own golden flaxmeal by grinding golden flaxseeds in a coffee grinder, but you can purchase flaxmeal already ground as well (such as this product from iHerb). I typically don’t care for the taste of flax in recipes, but there are enough cover-up flavors in this one that I don’t notice the flax. It’s important to use golden flaxmeal because it is far milder in flavor than flaxmeal made from dark flaxseeds.
I enjoy this granola on its own with some unsweetened almond milk; add some protein, such as cottage cheese, on the side if you’re eating it for breakfast or a snack. This granola also makes a wonderful ice cream topping! I made a single-serve peanut butter ice cream recipe this week, and some peanut butter granola added the perfect crunch factor. (I’ll schedule that ice cream recipe to be posted sometime while I’m in South Africa in February.)
I actually formulated this recipe for use in yogurt parfaits. Tomorrow I’ll be publishing a post with a bunch of yogurt parfait ideas as well as some recipes for an easy vanilla yogurt (that tastes like the regular sweetened store-bought kind I love) and a yummy blueberry topping, so stay tuned! (Update: here’s that post!)
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- Seven Simple Single-Serve Greek Yogurt Variations
- ¼ c. salted butter*
- 2 T. natural peanut butter
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3/16 tsp. (6 doonks) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- 4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c. golden flaxmeal
- 1 c. salted cocktail peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more, to taste)
- Heat the first set of ingredients together in a saucepan and whisk until smooth. Add the second section of ingredients and stir well. Spread the granola onto a baking sheet and bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes until the granola is toasty brown on top. Stir the granola and return it to the oven for about 3 more minutes or until the top is brown. Remove the granola from the oven, stir it again, and let it cool completely before putting it in a sealable container for storage. It will keep in a cool, dry place (like your cupboard) for several weeks.
If you like, you can add some sugar-free chocolate chips to the granola after it has cooled.
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (iHerb)
- Golden Flax Seed Meal (iHerb)
- THM Super Sweet Blend
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!