This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
My mom and siblings picked a few gallons of fresh strawberries at our local strawberry patch last week, so I’ve had strawberries on the brain. At lunch one day I felt like eating something unique, so I took stock of what we had on hand and threw together a quick quesadilla using some very nontraditional ingredients. Skeptical? Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it! Trust me, this is definitely not the strangest thing I’ve come up with….
If you have ham left over from Easter, this would be a great way to use it up!
Ham and Swiss cheese are a traditional pairing, of course, but where did the strawberries come from? I honestly have no idea. I just thought they might work to brighten up the heavier flavors from the ham and cheese, and I was right! Spinach adds some great color and necessary veggies, horseradish lends a unique element, and refined coconut oil (no coconut flavor wanted here!) turns a low-carb tortilla into a miraculously crispy quesadilla.
Yes, it’s very much an outside-the-box Briana flavor combination. That’s a good thing, right? 😛 If you try it, comment below and let me know what you think!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my strawberry recipes
- all my fried taco/quesadilla recipes
For more Briana-style flavor combinations, check out my cookbook!
- 1 low-carb tortilla
- Prepared horseradish spread
- Sliced ham
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced strawberries
- Refined coconut oil (for frying)
- Spread some mayo and horseradish spread onto a low-carb tortilla. On one half of the tortilla, layer some sliced ham, sliced Swiss cheese, fresh spinach, and a few strawberry slices. Fold the tortilla over onto itself to create a quesadilla and fry on both sides in hot coconut oil until crispy.