This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Credits for this great easy recipe go to my 12-year-old sister, Katelyn. One night I challenged her to make me a Fuel Pull snack (both low-carb and low-fat) using some of my Light Rye Wasa crackers, and this is what she brought me. I recreated it later with measurements for the blog. Since I like my chicken salad sweet and spicy, my measurements reflect that; but feel free to adjust everything to your own taste and add extra seasonings if you so desire!
This chicken salad takes only 5 ingredients! (To see more 5-ingredient wonders, click here.) It’s a great thing to have on hand for a quick snack or lunch. Trim Healthy Mamas (click here to find out more about the plan), this chicken salad is Fuel Pull. I like to eat it on two Light Rye Wasa crackers (as pictured) with dill pickles for a quick Fuel Pull snack. You could also put it on a Joseph’s pita or half a lavash bread with lettuce, dill pickles, and a Lite Laughing Cow cheese wedge or small amount of lite mozzarella for a Fuel Pull sandwich.
I used homemade Greek yogurt in this recipe for a milder flavor. If you’d like to learn how to make your own Greek yogurt, check out this tutorial I made!
People with allergies: this buffalo chicken salad is gluten free, egg free, and nut free. However, the Wasa crackers and other serving suggestions may or may not be allergy-friendly. Check your packaging carefully for information.
You can grab my “official” pin for this recipe here!
Question of the day (comment below): what’s your favorite quick snack?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken breast
- ⅓ cup low-fat/fat-free Greek yogurt (I used homemade for a milder flavor, and fat-free sour cream would probably work as well)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- Optional: garlic powder/crushed garlic, dill weed, additional seasonings
- For serving (optional): 2 Light Rye Wasa crackers/person, Joseph's pita, lettuce, dill pickles, Lite Laughing Cow Cheese
- Combine all chicken salad ingredients and adjust to taste. I like my chicken salad sweet and spicy, so the ingredient amounts reflect that.
- I like to eat this chicken salad with two Light Rye Wasa crackers and dill pickles for a Fuel Pull snack. For lunch you could put it in a Joseph's pita with lettuce, dill pickles, and a Lite Laughing Cow cheese wedge or a small amount of lite mozzarella (also Fuel Pull).
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased at the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Wasa Light Rye Crackers
- Joseph’s Low-carb Lavash Bread
Leave a Reply