This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
This easy snack idea is another recipe from my talented and quirky younger sister, Katelyn. A few months ago, I posted her recipe for spinach eggs, and it’s received great reviews! Katelyn has a talent for thinking outside the box with new recipes, and she’s always in the kitchen cooking up something strange. A lot of her concoctions are actually really tasty, and I love when she cooks for me! Right now I’m working hard to wrap up my cookbook recipe testing, so I asked Katelyn if I could post some of her latest concoctions. She was happy to oblige. I really enjoyed this yummy snack that she made for me, and it reminded me of cookie dough of sorts, plus cranberries, plus chocolate. It’s an interesting flavor combo, but that’s Katelyn for you! It must run in the family…
This easy snack recipe takes only a few ingredients, tastes amazing and out-of-the-box, and has a good dose of protein! Trim Healthy Mamas, the chocolate puts this into an S setting.
Need more recipes to try? You should check out
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt or cottage cheese (or a combination of the two)
- 2 T old fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary)*
- 2 T chopped fresh cranberries
- ⅛ tsp. almond extract
- ⅛ tsp. maple extract
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Dash of salt
- Chopped unsweetened baker's chocolate, 85% dark chocolate, or Lily's brand chocolate *or* make your own chocolate by following the instructions in the Note section below
- Stir all the ingredients together and enjoy! Yields one serving
To make your own chocolate, mix 1 T refined coconut oil (melted), 1 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 doonk of THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, and a sprinkle of salt. Freeze until firm, then chop into chunks.
- Watkin’s Almond Extract
- Imitation Maple Extract
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Sugar-free Chocolate Chips
Leave a Reply