This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Every recipe has a story, and this one is no exception. This recipe was actually the repurposing of a flop. I tried to make a peppermint mousse layer for my 20th birthday cake, but it turned into pudding rather than mousse, so I’m like, “Why not freeze it?” And whaddya know, it made perfect holiday pudding pops! Your kids (and you) are going to love these.
If you like, you could dip these in a chocolate layer of some kind – either some Skinny Chocolate (recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama book) or a partial batch of my buckeye dip mixture. Or melt down some 85% dark chocolate or Lily’s chocolate chips and drizzle that on top for a festive look.
Do your kids like to help in the kitchen? What are their favorite things to make? Comment below and tell me!
Did you see my Frosted Peppermint Pie? Check it out here!
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk for a nut free option)
- 1 tsp. Knox gelatin*
- 2 T refined coconut oil
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Watkin's peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 5 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend, or more to taste
- Dash of salt
- ¾ tsp. glucomannan
- Whisk the gelatin into the almond milk and let it bloom for 5 minutes. Add the coconut oil and microwave for 2 minutes or until almost boiling. Set aside to let it cool a little.
- Beat the rest of the ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth, sprinkling the glucomannan in last while beating so that it doesn't clump. Add the almond milk mixture and beat again until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until firm. Enjoy! Makes about 8-10 small popsicles (of course this will vary depending on the size of your mold).
- Knox plain bulk gelatin
- Watkin’s Pure Peppermint Extract
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, Super Sweet Blend, glucomannan, and beef gelatin can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.