This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Okay folks, you know I don’t like coffee, but when I use one part coffee to one part almond milk in a cappuccino, I can stomach it. It was still on the verge of being too coffee-y, but I survived. If you like coffee, you’re going to love this Bulletproof-style cappuccino! Even if you don’t like coffee, you might still like it. I did. (Or you might just want to try this Velvety Hot Chocolate recipe.)
In case you’re wondering, “Velvety” is my description for my recipes that incorporate coconut oil, butter, and protein powder into a super-creamy blended drink that will rev your metabolism with its foundational fats. You can find a picture index of all my velvety recipes here. These recipes are all Deep S for Trim Healthy Mamas, which means that they can be used during Fuel Cycles on the Deep S days!
As usual, feel free to add more sweetener to this drink if you like. Most people will probably want to add some extra Super Sweet Blend since I “undersweeten everything.” cue dramatic eye roll…just kidding… (I recommend increasing the granulated sweetener, in this case the Super Sweet Blend, instead of the stevia for a more balanced sweetness.)
Just a quick FYI – I’m currently in PA for a singing group rehearsal and I’ll be out of state for the next week, so if I’m slow in replying to you, that’s why. 😉
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- my other Velvety drinks
- all my Deep S recipes
- all my hot drink recipes
- my coffee-flavored recipes
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 c. coffee
- 2 T. whey protein powder
- 1 T. refined coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more, to taste)**
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/16 tsp. (2 doonks) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Dash salt
- Dash vanilla extract
- Heat the almond milk and coffee together in the microwave for 2 minutes or until the desired temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile, add all the other ingredients to a blender. Add the hot liquid and blend until smooth and creamy. (Be careful when blending hot liquids, and vent the blender as needed to release pressure.) Enjoy!
**Most people will probably want to add more Super Sweet Blend.
- Vitamix Blender (5300 Certified Refurbished) – Amazon
- Whey Protein Powder
- THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- THM Super Sweet Blend
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
Leave a Reply