This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
As many of you know, I don’t like coffee. BUT…I seem to be getting hooked on making my own frappés. With coffee. It’s like I’m trying to be a coffee drinker so I keep upping the dosage to see how much I can stand. In any case, I hope you all enjoy this experiment as much as you’ve been enjoying the basic Vanilla Frappé I posted a few weeks ago (after trying one from Starbucks to wake me up while driving solo). Today’s frappé is classic Briana: an odd twist on a classic. Actually, maybe not so odd. I seem to recall seeing signs for a s’mores frappé from Starbucks, but I promise I didn’t taste that one. Today’s recipe is entirely based off of what I think a s’mores frappé should taste like, so if it rivals Starbucks we’ll call that a happy coincidence. (I think it’s happy. I hope you think it’s happy, too.)
Let me explain the flavors here. You have coffee, because –> coffee frappé. You have defatted peanut flour because –> s’mores should always have peanut butter. You have cocoa because –> you don’t need that one explained. And the cinnamon? Because –> cinnamon graham crackers.
As a THM Fuel Pull (low in both fats and carbs), this frappé makes an excellent light afternoon or evening snack! It’s dairy free, so allergy mamas rejoice!
Frappés are now my jam, so stay tuned for a PB&J version next week….
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my s’mores recipes
- all my Fuel Pull recipes
- all my dairy-free recipes
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- 7 coffee ice cubes (coffee frozen in standard ice cube trays)
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T. collagen
- 2 T. defatted peanut flour
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp. (2 doonks) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Dash cinnamon
- ½ tsp. glucomannan
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high-powered blender until smooth. (I use this Vitamix model.) If you want a thicker frappé, add a couple extra coffee ice cubes, and feel free to add more THM Super Sweet Blend if you so desire. Enjoy!
You could use whey protein powder instead of the collagen in this drink, but you may be able to taste it and the drink will probably fluff up more.
- Great Lakes Collagen (Amazon)
- Great Lakes Collagen (iHerb)
- THM Integral Collagen
- Defatted Peanut Flour (Amazon)
- Defatted Peanut Flour (Netrition)
- THM Super Sweet Blend
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Glucomannan (Amazon)
- Vitamix Blender (5300 Certified Refurbished) – Amazon