This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Need a pick-me-up snack in the afternoon? Fruit is a great way to get some healthy energizing carbs in your diet, but it should be paired with protein to prevent a blood sugar spike. This easy 3-ingredient dip is a great way to do that and get a little extra flavor in there as well!
Now I know this dip seems almost stupidly easy, but that’s what we’re talking about this week, isn’t it? Stupidly easy snacks and drinks? (You can see more easy recipes with 5 ingredients or less at this page.) We all need some of those in our lives, and even if you could come up with this recipe as easily as I could (actually, this one was my 12-year-old sister Katelyn’s idea), sometimes we all need a little inspiration to remind us of ideas we’ve thought of and then forgotten again.
For Trim Healthy Mamas (you can learn more about the plan here), this dip is a Fuel Pull (less than 10 grams of carbs and less than 5 grams of fat). Paired with a piece of fruit, such as an apple, this becomes an E snack. Trim Healthy Mamas are allowed a teaspoon of fat (approximately 5 grams) with a Fuel Pull or E meal, so this dip is right on target. If you want more peanut butter flavor without the fat, use some defatted peanut flour in place of the natural peanut butter.
I used homemade Greek yogurt in this dip for a milder flavor. Check out this Greek yogurt tutorial I did if you want to learn how to make it yourself!
You can pin this post by clicking the “Pin It” button on any of the pictures, or you can snag my official pin here.
Question of the day (comment below): what’s your favorite dip flavor?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ¼ cup low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt (I used homemade Greek yogurt for a milder flavor)
- 1 tsp. natural peanut butter
- 1½ doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (adjust to taste; a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Optional: cinnamon and vanilla flavoring
- Sliced fruit for dipping, such as an apple
- Combine all the dip ingredients and enjoy with fruit!
- For a larger batch option (2-4 servings, depending on how hungry you are), mix together 1 cup of low fat Greek yogurt, 2 T defatted peanut flour, and ⅛ tsp. THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder.
- Defatted Peanut Flour
- You can buy THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder and defatted peanut flour at the Trim Healthy Mama online store.