This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Pecan Pie + Cheesecake = a deliciously creamy, nutty dessert with a hint of maple and a sprinkling of chocolate chips (just because). You won’t regret it. Unless you don’t like nuts. In which case, I’m afraid I can’t help you, but I do sympathize because I haven’t always liked nuts in desserts either. Maybe someday you’ll grow up, just like maybe someday I’ll grow up and like coffee (I so do not see that happening).
Why are they called “Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars” instead of just “Pecan Pie Cheesecake”? Because I made them in a non-fancy 8″x8″ pan, not a spring-form pan. I just didn’t feel right calling this recipe “cheesecake” since it wasn’t made in a cheesecake pan. It’s basically cheesecake though. Cheesecake with an amazing pecan crust, a creamy filling with a hint of maple, and nuts and chocolate chips on top.
PS – If you want cheesecake that doesn’t crack, use all full-fat ingredients (namely the cream cheese and sour cream) and bring them all to room temperature before making the cheesecake. I don’t mind if the cheesecake isn’t smooth on top, so I use reduced-fat cream cheese to make the dessert a little lighter.
Want straight-up pecan pie? Try this Pecan Custard Pie recipe!
Just in case you’re interested, there are quite a few cheesecake bar recipes in my new cookbook. And they’re…*ahem*…cookbook exclusives, so they’re not going to be posted on the blog. Mocha Cheesecake Bars, Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars, and Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars – they’re all included.
I think that these Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars would be an amazing finale to Thanksgiving dinner, which is why I’m posting them right now, the week before Thanksgiving. You may even have time to do a test run if you’re worried they won’t turn out. 😉 Check out the suggested pages below to get lots of other great Thanksgiving Dinner inspiration. This Thanksgiving Menu post is sure to come in handy.
You know what would be amazing with this cheesecake? Caramel sauce…
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my cheesecake recipes
- all my Thanksgiving recipes
- ¾ c. Briana's Baking Mix
- ½ c. finely-chopped pecans
- ¼ c. salted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Mix the crust ingredients together and press into a greased 8"x8" glass baking dish. Do not prebake the crust.
- Beat the cheesecake ingredients together until smooth. Taste and add more sweetener if desired. Pour onto the crust. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and sugar-free chocolate chips and bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until set. Refrigerate to chill completely before serving (overnight is great).
- Some caramel sauce would be the perfect topping for this cheesecake! There's an easy caramel sauce recipe in my cookbook.