This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Recipe updated 6/21/16
Continuing the Pumpkin Spice kick…
So we’ve had syrup, a jumbo pancake, oatmeal, latte, French Toast in a Bowl…all pumpkin spiced. Now comes the pumpkin bars, because this is a basic recipe that everyone needs to have on hand, and what better time to post it than during the fall?
These moist pumpkin bars are topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. ‘Nuff said.
Bars are just some of the easiest desserts to make to have on hand. Never mind intricately boiling a candy mixture, scooping countless cookies, or making a single-serve snack every afternoon (although I do that once in awhile). Bars (the dessert kind, that is) are the way to go. Mix wet ingredients, mix dry ingredients, plop in oven. Make frosting. Frost. Refrigerate. One big pan. Like, really. How much easier can it get?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1½ cups Briana's Baking Mix
- 1 T baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. + 2 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (most people will probably want to add a teaspoon or two of THM Super Sweet Blend in addition to this, but just the stevia was perfect for me)
- 1 15-oz. can plain canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. reduced fat (or full fat) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (or an additional 4 oz. cream cheese, for a richer frosting)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 T THM Gentle Sweet, or more to taste (I also like using ⅛ tsp. THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder in place of the Gentle Sweet)
- For the bars, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Spread the batter into a greased 9x13 inch glass baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 26-28 minutes. Let the bars cool completely on the counter before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add the other ingredients and beat again until thick and stiff-ish, about 30-40 seconds.
- When the bars are cool, frost them and put them in the refrigerator to chill completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. These bars are best cold. Yields 15 servings.
Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder and Gentle Sweet (as well as other great products) can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Leave a Reply