This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
To quote Elizabeth Barrett Browning – “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
- 5 ingredients
- no special ingredients (Simply substitute your favorite Walmart-bought low-glycemic sweetener to taste for the THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder I used. A squirt of Great Value liquid stevia would be just fine!)
- full of protein
- THM:E dessert or snack
- not calorie-dense
I love to use this simple peach frozen yogurt as a post-running snack! I usually run in the evening, and since I don’t like to eat super calorie-dense things right before I go to bed, this frozen yogurt fits the bill perfectly and still gives me the protein I need after working out. I blend it up before I go running, then put it in the freezer to firm up so I can enjoy it when I come back in. This isn’t ideal for texture (it’s best to be able to stir it frequently while it freezes for a smoother texture), but it still works and I have a refreshingly cold treat waiting for me when I
drag myself inside trip lightly into the kitchen after running in a muggy, mountainous South Carolina pasture. (Yes, I usually run in the pasture. Is that odd? Safer than the road…unless you’re scared of…um…natural “debris.”)
Click here for
5 Ingredient Recipes
No Special Ingredients Recipes
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my peach recipes
You might also like this Single-Serve Peach Cobbler!
- 1 medium-large peach, frozen in slices
- ⅔ c. low-fat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Dash vanilla extract
- Blend the ingredients together until smooth. I use this Vitamix with a tamper to get the thick mixture to blend; if you don't have a tamper you may need to stop the blender a few times and scrape down the sides with a spatula to encourage the mixture to incorporate.
- Freeze the mixture in a bowl in the freezer for an hour or until the desired consistency is reached, stirring often for best results. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply