This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
First posted 12/4/13
You Know You’re a Trim Healthy Teen If…
1) You look at the nutritional information on every package available.
2) You subconsciously categorize any meal combination that you see-whether it’s your own or someone else’s.
3) You’re a waitress (me!) and whenever someone orders something without bread you immediately look at the rest of the meal they ordered to see if they could possibly be doing THM. For me, the answer has always been “no,” sadly.
4) All your own meal orders to the cooks at work contain the postscript, “No bread.”
5) You are known at said workplace for your strange food combinations. One time when one dear older lady I work with saw my plate, she asked me (jokingly), “Are you pregnant?”
One funny sidenote here: at work I have become known for a certain salad that I like to fix for my lunch. There are few sources of E carbs where I work; the only one I have been able to find is pinto beans. So, I eat them over lettuce (for a filler) with sauerkraut (just because) and deli turkey meat (extra protein) with Italian dressing (we lack a good, lowfat dressing option). Everyone laughs at me. I can’t think why…. My coworkers have held a competition to see who can come up with a grosser-sounding salad than what I eat. Fyi: I love my pinto bean salad.
6) You order a Swiss Mushroom Burger with no bread…add bacon.
7) You enjoy carrying groceries to the fridge downstairs because it’s good exercise.
8) Your mother complains about your always being in the kitchen (but I believe I earned some brownie…er…chocolate…points by making the last batch of Skinny Chocolate).
9) Your preparations for going to a short-term Bible school include storable THM snacks and meals (for when there are no viable options served in the dining room)(input and ideas would be welcome, by the way).
10) One of your most frustrating problems in life is that the blender is on the fritz.
Leave a Reply