This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 5/2/14. Recipe and pictures updated 11/4/15.
How about a nice, ice-cold drink for summer which is fast approaching?
Lisa Hostetler, this one is for you. 😉
I’m going to get myself expelled for this, but…
the more fat free Reddi-Whip and sugar free chocolate syrup, the better…
Stir the goodness into your iced coffee for a richer, more coffee-shop-authentic taste. (Disclaimer: if you’re having problems losing weight, it would behoove you to use less of these “frankenfoods”.)
Here is a link to the Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor Oil I use. Love the coffee shop flavor it adds to this drink!
I recommend using Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup. It’s mostly sweetened with erythritol, which is gentle on your blood sugar.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 T instant decaf coffee granules (or your desired amount of cold coffee)
- ½-1 cup unsweetened almond milk (the more you use, the richer it is)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, or more, to taste (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla whey protein powder (or use half a scoop to turn this into a snack on its own)
- Optional: 1-2 T heavy whipping cream (this takes it into S territory and is no longer low fat; if you omit, use the higher amount of almond milk.)
- Optional: additional flavoring of choice. I used 5 drops of Chocolate Hazelnut Lorann's flavor oil. That was awesome.
- Blend all ingredients together. Fill a quart-sized canning jar with ice, pour the coffee mixture over it, and fill the rest of the way with cold water. Shake/stir, top with fat free Reddi-Whip and sugar-free chocolate syrup and sip away. Trim Healthy Mamas, this is NOT an all day sipper.
- Whey Protein Powder
- Lorann Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor Oil
- Hershey Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup (sweetened mostly with erythritol)
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!