This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Ah, lunch. That awkward meal in the middle of the day when everyone is hungry but no one wants to stop what she’s doing to cook anything. Hopefully today’s roundup of easy lunch ideas for Trim Healthy Mamas will give you some good ideas! I’ve tried to include recipes that are very quick and easy for instant gratification as well as some recipes that can be made ahead and keep well to be reheated throughout the week.
Some of my favorite (unlisted) lunches:
- Soup | A big pot of soup makes great lunches throughout the week! CLICK HERE to see all my soup recipes (I’ve included some below).
- Leftovers | Leftovers form our family’s lunches more often than not.
- Cold sandwiches | For THM:S, use a low-carb tortilla or half a Joseph’s pita and fill with mayo, deli meat, cheese, lettuce, and your other favorite fixin’s. For THM:E, use sprouted bread, mustard and other low-fat condiments, keep the cheese to a bare minimum (a Light Laughing Cow cheese wedge is great!), and use a lean deli meat.
- BLTs | We like to bake a pack of bacon in the oven on a baking sheet and use it to make BLTs in Joseph’s pitas!
- Scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon
- A nice big salad | This could go in an S or E direction depending on the toppings!
- Shakes | Occasionally I use a shake for my lunch, but I try not to do this too often because I want my body to get plenty of real whole foods, especially veggies! I have included a few shake recipes below that include a serving of fruit or veggies because those are good choices when you do decide to use a shake as your lunch. You can CLICK HERE for more shake recipes.
New to THM?
Head over to my Starting THM page! There you’ll find:
- A quick summary of Trim Healthy Mama and its various books.
- My 5 top tips for getting started.
- Helpful links to posts that answer all your questions.
- Roundups of easy, beginner-level recipes.
- Explanations of all the new-to-you ingredients and where to find them.
- Click here to check it out!
(Necessary Food, pg. 110)
(Necessary Food, pg. 109)
(Necessary Food, pg. 67)
(Necessary Food, pg. 60)
(Necessary Food, pg. 140)
(Necessary Food, pg. 94)
Low Carb & Low Fat/THM Fuel Pull
(Necessary Food, pg. 139)
(Necessary Food, pg. 90)
Other lunch ideas from Necessary Food:
- Sweet ‘n’ Sour Dropped Egg Soup, pg. 91
- French Onion Soup, pg. 92
- Tomato Basil Soup, pg. 93
- Taco Soup, pg. 103
- Refried Bean Quesadilla, pg. 111
- Mexican Pizza, pg. 112
- Sloppy Joes, pg. 113
- Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Wraps, pg. 114
- Pimiento Cheese, pg. 141
What is this “Necessary Food”?
“So what is Necessary Food?” you may be asking. That would be my cookbook! It’s spiral bound, contains around 400 recipes (some from here on the blog, some exclusive to the cookbook), and sports lots of pictures! You can CLICK HERE to get more info, take a peek inside, and order!
I have a calendar too!
You might also want to check out my newest project – Necessary Time 2018. This calendar with twelve NEW recipes (and a collectible recipe card for each!) was just released after 3 weeks of preorder and will be available as supplies last. These calendars would make the perfect Christmas gift, and we’re offering special deals on orders of multiples, so take advantage of that! CLICK HERE to get your order in! Recipes include Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Butter, Mocha Cheesecake, Chickpea Curry over Mashed Caulitoes, and many more!
You may also enjoy: