This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
I worked together with a bunch of my fellow bloggers to put together this roundup of twenty 5-ingredient meal, side dish, and dessert recipes! All are Trim Healthy Mama friendly, sugar free, and low-carb or low-fat. I considered water and salt to be “free” ingredients. 😉
UPDATE 04.02.19: Some of the blogs I linked to in this post originally no longer exist, so I’ve removed those links and added links to some other 5-ingredient recipes I’ve added to my site since this blog post was first published. The recipe count is more like 35 now. 😉 To see an index of all my 5-ingredient recipes (including any published after this update), CLICK HERE.
P.S. The recipes below are in order with the pictures in the collages. Just go left to right.
- 5-Ingredient Waffles (Briana Thomas) | These waffles can be made ahead, frozen, and reheated in the toaster!
- Perfect Nut Butter Pancakes (Counting All Joy) | no longer available
- Overnight Steel Cut Oats (Counting All Joy) | no longer available
- Easy Peasy Crepes (A Home With Purpose) | This looks like a wonderful, customizable breakfast idea.
- Black Bean Quesadillas (The Coers Family Blog) | Love me some quesadillas! Amanda has a super-simple recipe.
- Breakfast “Biscuits” (Simply Healthy Home) | no longer available
- Egg White Oatmeal (The Coers Family Blog) | I’ve started adding egg whites to my morning oatmeal too….boy is that good! See this post from Amanda to learn how she does it.
- Healthy Toaster Pizza Pocket (Briana Thomas) | This quick lunch idea is made in the toaster.
- Warm Chia Porridge (A Home With Purpose) | Jennifer shares one of her favorite cozy breakfasts! The cool thing is that you can make a master mix in bulk and just add a few ingredients in the morning to get a nice bowl of goodness.
- Baked Garlic & Parmesan Chicken Wings (Simply Healthy Home) | no longer available
- Not Your Typical Breakfast Scramble (Briana Thomas) | Don’t be scared by the ingredients. They’re amazing together!
- Egg White Omelet (Oh Sweet Mercy) | Dawn has a slick trick to fool yourself into thinking an egg white omelet is made out of whole eggs.
- (not pictured) 5 New Ways to Eat Your Eggs in 5 Extra Ingredients or Less (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Bacon Wrapped Mediterranean Chicken (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Easy Chocolate Oatmeal (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Kate’s Spinach Eggs (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) My Fave Overnight Oatmeal (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Parmesan Chicken Tenders (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Peach Spice Overnight Oatmeal (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Spice Rubbed Pork Chop Dinner (Briana Thomas)
- Creamy Cucumber Salad (Briana Thomas) | We make this summertime side dish all the time.
- Easy Cheesy Brown Rice (A Home With Purpose) | This is a great side dish for those E meals, Trim Healthy Mamas!
- How to Make Squash Browns (Oh Sweet Mercy) | Need hashbrowns to go with your “dippy eggs” in the morning? Dawn has you covered!
- (not pictured) Fried Breaded Zucchini (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Garlic Mashed Caulitoes (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Special Roasted Brussels Sprouts (Briana Thomas)
- Creamy Peach Pudding (Briana Thomas) | This is great to whip up in the afternoon for your dessert after supper.
- REAL Peanut Butter Milkshake (Briana Thomas) | The creamiest, healthiest peanut butter milkshake you will ever slurp.
- Leftover Ice Cream Milkshake (Briana Thomas) | This creamy milkshake is a great way to use up leftover homemade ice cream.
- 5-Ingredient Cheesecakes for Two (Briana Thomas) | Quick and easy cheesecakes make a great dessert!
- 5-Ingredient Single-Serve Chocolate Cake (Briana Thomas) | Chocolate cake in a hurry? Moist and fluffy? Yes, please.
- (not pictured) 5 Ingredient Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) 5 Ingredient White Cake (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Instant Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Mango Soft Serve for One (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) PB&J Fried Taco (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Single-Serve Peach Frozen Yogurt (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Single-Serve Vanilla Chia “Tapioca” (Briana Thomas)
- (not pictured) Ganache-Covered Strawberries (Briana Thomas)
You may also enjoy:
Looking for more simple recipes?
My cookbooks Necessary Food and Convenient Food contain about 400 low-glycemic recipes each, separated by carbs and fats and free of refined sugar and flour (like all the recipes here on my website). I grew up on my momma’s good cooking, and the recipes in these books are mostly just old family favorites made healthy! Now that I’m married, I’m gravitating even more toward quick and easy, and my newest cookbook definitely reflects that! CLICK HERE to check out my cookbooks in more detail and purchase.